Welcome to the Tega Cay Utility Department! We provide water and sewer service to all residents within the City. Our office is located within City Hall. If you are a current customer, please see below for contact information and ways to pay your bill. For all new customers wishing to begin service, see Forms & Fees below, visit us at City Hall or call us with questions (803) 548-3514.
New Utility Rates Effective October 1, 2022
- Water = Volume Rate - $5.71/1,000 gal, Base Rate/Month - $11.81
- Sewer = Volume Rate - $6.88/1,000 gal, Base Rate/Month - $19.14
- Via mail or drop-off at City Hall: 7725 Tega Cay Dr. Tega Cay, SC 29708
- Overnight drop box located in the parking lot of City Hall
- Automatic bank draft: You may complete the reverse side of your monthly bill "bank draft authorization" section, or you can download and complete the Authorization Agreement for Automatic Drafts. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax a copy of this document with a voided check to (803) 548-1400.
- Online Payment (Convenience Fees are applied to all online payments.
- 24/7 Over-the-Phone Payment: (888) 695-5930
- Water & Sewer Service Application(Water service requires 2 business days notice before activation.)
- Water & Sewer Application for contractors
- Irrigation Meter Application
- Disconnect Request
- Customer Contact Update form (For any current customers wishing to update account contact information)
- Authorization Agreement for Automatic Drafts
Customers are reminded that the water meters are the responsibility of, and owned by, the City. The City is responsible for service up to and including the meter. Everything from the end of the meter to the house is the responsibility of the home owner. At no time should a customer lift the lid of their meter box or tamper with anything inside the meter box. If the City discovers meter tampering or an illegal re-connection of service, there will be a $150 fine added to your account. In addition, you may also face citation for theft of utility.
If you suspect you have a problem with your meter, please contact us at (803) 548-3514.
When landscaping your yard, it is the customer's responsibility to keep the meter box uncovered. If staff has to uncover the meter box to perform service, the customer will be charged. It is also the customer's responsibility to call for any locates needed in your yard. TCUD is a member SC811. Therefore, for any locates requests, please call 8-1-1 at least 72 hours prior to digging.